Varatojo House by Atelier Data:
“The Varatojo House is placed on a Hill, east from the city of Torres Vedras, Portugal.
- Set in a polygonal configuration plot and given its sun exposure (predominantly North/South) and also its main Northern wind direction, the design strategy began by considering the following issues:
- Promoting relationship between building and landscape, taking advantage of the place’s overlooking position over the city, castle and surroundings;
- Encouraging a strong complementarity between the house and the garden in order to create an intense visual relation between the inside and the outside, between construction and natural elements;
- Creating transversal relations between the North Side – (view) and the South side – (inner garden) mainly through the pool on the lower floor and modeling land of the garden;
- Recycling of materials such as the walls of wooden pilings (former railway sleepers), introducing a certain experimentalism and innovation from the way the material is usually used for and thought to be;
- Encouraging the use of native vegetation in the garden. "
Amazing House Design Concept:
This Amazing House Design is shaped by a spiral gesture to take advantage from the outline plot.
The construction of this Amazing House Design is gradually takes shape and thickness to accommodate the housing program.
"This gesture starts with the ramped access to the lot and ends on the opposite side of the house, achieving at this point two-stories high, thereby the contour of the house also reinforced this “gesture in spiral”.
This Amazing House Design is very wonderful and amazing. You will be not dissapointed if you choose it as your design for your dream-house.